The Stockton Center at Spring Grove Museum holds special events throughout the year to welcome the community to our beautiful facility. Some events also help raise funds to support programming. Make plans to join us!
- Friday nights in July Ghost Tours $10 person to hear stories guaranteed to raise goose bumps as we slink into dark rooms filled with shadows. Who knows what is lurking... Please call Jacquie for reservations at (810) 250-1145. Times vary.
- Friday nights in August Ghost Tours The house is dark and quiet as we make our way from the basement recesses to the creaky attic. Join us for stories of unexplained occurences at the Stockton. Whistling.. a sudden cold spot in the house... What will you experience? Please call Jacquie for reservations at (810) 250-1145. $10/person Times vary.
- Monday, August 14, 2017 4 pm Stockton Ladies Library Association This month we are reading The Union Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini, the story of a remarkable group of women coping with changing roles and the extraordinary experiences of the Civil War. We will also discuss last month's book, Mothers of Invention by Drew Gilpin Faust. As always, light refreshments will be served. Donations are appreciated.
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 12 - 4 Back to the Bricks Detour Take a short side trip to the Stockton to cool off as you step back in time in our Civil War era mansion. Admission is $5/adults, $3/children under 18.
- Friday nights in September Ghost Tours $10 person to hear stories guaranteed to raise goose bumps as we slink into dark rooms filled with shadows. Who knows what is lurking... Please call Jacquie for reservations at (810) 250-1145. Times vary.
- Monday, September 11, 2017 4 pm Stockton Ladies Library Association Daughters of the Union by Nina Silber is our chosen book for this month. As always, light refreshments will be served. Donations are appreciated.
- Michigan Spirit Quest This is the first in a series of guest speakers that we will have at the Stockton Center. Michigan Spirit Quest spent several hours here using special equipment to videotape sounds and movement not discernible by normal hearing and eyesight. Join us as they unveil their findings and share other experiences they have had. This was a perfect event for October!
- Cork & Cookies, hosted by Jacquie Richardson A delectable pairing of wine and Girl Scout cookies, as well as crackers and cheese. Surprisingly divine.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt Over one hundred treasure-filled eggs hid among the daffodils and perennials beds in our front yard gardens. Free for those with a sweet tooth.
- Annual Quilt Show - In September, Stockton Center continues its legacy of honoring the past with a lovely display of sewing masterpieces.
- Historic House Tour A special opening for those visiting downtown Flint during Back to the Bricks. Stockton even had a classic car on site, provided by Ron Fizell.
- December 13, 2014 A Dickens of a Holiday Celebration The sights and sounds of a bygone era welcomed visitors to the Stockton Center for a holiday celebration. Multiple Christmas trees twinkled with lights, and garlands cascaded down the staircase. We offered children's crafts, cookie decorating, stories, and other family activities. Later, adults enjoyed dishes straight out of a Dickens novel.
- Friday, April 17, 2015 Civil War Commemoration The Civil War ended on April 9th, 1865. To celebrate its 150th anniversary, the Stockton Center hosted an assortment of activities, including the unveiling of its recent acquisition: a cannon carriage.