The Stockton Center at Spring Grove is a non-profit organization committed to the historical preservation and renovation of the local historic district, "Stockton House", and the surrounding natural environment.
- Sunday, September 17, 2017 1 - 4 pm Stockton Center Tours Visit this Civil War era Italianate beauty to hear about her past as a residence, then hospital, and finally as a succession of 5 different nursing homes. $5/adults, $3/under18
- Monday, October 9, 2017 4 pm Stockton Ladies Library Association You can read any book about Mary Surratt, the boarding house owner who was convicted of taking part in the conspiracy to assassinate Abraham Lincoln. Surratt became the first woman hanged by the US federal government. Book choices include Mary Surratt: An American Tragedy by Elizabeth Tindal and The Mystery of Mary Surratt: The Plot to Kill President Lincoln by Rebecca C. Jones. As always, light refreshments will be served. Donations are appreciated.
- Friday, October 13, 2017 6pm - midnight The Paranormal Experience A special event hosted by Michigan Spirit Quest: Join us for an evening of chills and thrills! Hear the history of the Stockton Center and learn the results of the paranormal investigations conducted in the house within the last several years. Then get a chance to do your own investigation within your group, floor by floor. Participants must be at least 18 years old. Fee is $35/person. Reservations must be made by calling Jacquie at (810) 250-1145 and paying in advance. Space is limited, so call early. Please see the list of rules by clicking here:
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 10 am & 2 pm Lap Quilt Lecture If you have ever been interested in quilting, then this lecture is for you! The Flint Arts Guild is partnering with the Stockton Center to share ideas and techniques on this time-honored tradition. With two lecture times available, we hope you can make the time to learn something new.
- Saturday, December 9, 2017 6 pm Stockton Victorian Christmas Join us for a lovely evening of caroling, hot chocolate and other festivities. Tour the Stockton house in all its Christmas slender. $5/adult, $3/children